Summer Traditional Chinese Medicine and Yin Immersion
With Karina Smith
The most Yang time of the year. The sun is shining, the air is warm, and the days are long. In nature everything is as outward as it can be, and gardens are full of bright colours as the bees and insects enjoy what is on offer. It can be tempting to over-exercise with this Yang encouragement. Physical activity at this time of the year is encouraged, but if it is in excess, we may feel the lack of energy when we move into autumn and winter.
How do we keep our energy stores in balance at this time of the year? Summer is governed by the element of Fire, the Heart organ, and the bitter taste. This yoga immersion will offer considerate self-care suggestion about the time of year from TCM, as well as a luxurious long Yin practice. We will focus on the Heart and Small Intestine meridians, and use heart opening meditation practices to balance our energy.
A bit about the Facilitator:
- B.A in contemporary arts at Deakin University.
- Yoga Teaching Cert: Shantarasa Institute, India
- Ayurvedic Studies, Kerala.
- Advanced diploma of Yoga teaching Australian Yoga Academy
- Anatomy, Physiology and Biomechanical studies at University level.
- 3rd year student: Bachelor Health Science (Chinese Medicine),Southern School of Natural Therapies.
- Active member of education team at AYA for their 350hr Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching
- Coach & Mentor, Australian Yoga Academy
- Bernie Clarke Yin Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
Date: Saturday 13th Jan
Cost: $55 Regular / $45 Annual Members
Time: 3:00pm – 5:30pm
Where: Saltwater Yoga Studio 63 Stevedore St Williamstown